- Ready In:
- 1 (14 ounce) bag coleslaw mix (cabbage and carrots)
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 medium tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1⁄2 medium red onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and finely diced
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled and diced
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons unseasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Place coleslaw mix, black beans, cilantro, tomato, red onion, jalapeno and avocado in large salad bowl.
- Whisk together lime juice, vinegar, olive oil, and cumin in small bowl. Pour over coleslaw and toss gently.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate for a few hours until chilled through.
- NOTES/SUGGESTIONS from article. If convenient, shred your own cabbage and carrots.
- Use only fresh lime juice. One lime yields 1-2 T unstrained juice. For the 1/2 cup, figure 4 to 8 limes, depending on size and juiciness.
- To serve, sprinkle with crushed baked tortilla chips right before serving or serve with grilled, sliced chicken in a tortilla wrap.
- Only 16 calories per cup, so says the article!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!