Southwest Crab Cakes
- Ready In:
- 2 (6 ounce) cans drained and squeezed dry white crabmeat
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise (French's Gourmayo Smoked Chipotle)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1⁄2 garlic powder
- 1⁄3 cup diced red onion
- 1⁄2 cup unseasoned breadcrumbs
- In medium bowl, combine all ingredients except crabmeat and oil; blend well.
- Gently fold in crabmeat; avoid breaking lumps of crabmeat.
- Using a 1/3 measuring cup, divide mixture into 6 portions. Shape cakes into 2 1/2 x 1/2-inch cakes.
- Add enough oil to cover the bottom of a large skillet (about ? cup). Heat oil over medium-high heat until hot.
- Gently add the crab cakes; fry each side until deep golden brown (about 4 to 5 minutes per side).
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a stay at home mom, and I love to experiment with new recipes. FoodTV is always on and I gain much knowledge tunning into shows like "Good Eats", "30 Minute Meals" and "Paula's Homecooking". This website has been a favorite of mine for a few years but I just joined as a member. For Christmas my husband upgraded me to a premium membership. It has really been worth it. Review my recipes, please!!! Oh and I am also a Tupperware Lady...PM if you want to order from anywhere online!