Southern Style Breakfast Burritos
- Ready In:
- 5 1⁄3 ounces country gravy mix (2 packages)
- 1 lb hot breakfast sausage
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium red pepper, chopped
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 eggs
- 8 ounces monterey jack and cheddar cheese blend
- 4 flour tortillas
- Prepare gravy mixes are directed in medium saucepan.
- In a medium skillet, brown sausage and crumble while cooking.
- Remove sausage with slotted spoon and set aside.
- Pour fat into a bowl and return 2 tablespoons to skillet. Add 2 tablespoons to the gravy and stir in if you like extra sausage flavor.
- Saute peppers, onions, mushrooms in fat until tender.
- Stir in garlic, black pepper and cooked sausage.
- Separate mixture into 4 corners of the pan.
- Turn off burner and cover skillet with lid to keep warm.
- To prepare eggs whisk 2 eggs at a time.
- Cook each set in a omelet pan sprayed with Pam to form a crepe like omelet. You should be 4 crepe-omelets.
- Heat tortillas as directed on package to make pliable.
- Place one omelet on each tortilla.
- Spread sausage mixture down the center of each tortilla on the eggs.
- Sprinkle each with cheddar/jack cheese.
- Roll into burritos and place one on each plate seam side down.
- Cover with gravy and serve.
- Note: To serve buffet style: Place burritos in a casserole dish and sprinkle cheese on top instead of inside. Keep warm in oven until service. Serve gravy along side.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live to cook! ?I live to eat! ?I love life and exploring new countries and their cuisine. ?Most of all I love my family. ?