Southern Living Cheesecake
photo by quirkycook
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 30mins
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 (8 ounce) package sour cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Combine graham cracker crumbs, butter, and brown sugar.
- Press into the bottom and up the sides of a 9 inch spring form pan.
- Bake crust for 10 minutes, let cool on wire rack.
- For filling, beat cream cheese at a medium speed of an electric mixer until creamy.
- Gradually add sugar, beating well.
- Add eggs, on at a time, beating after each addition and scraping bottom and sides of bowl as needed.
- Stir in sour cream and vanilla.
- Pour batter into prepared crust.
- Bake for 65 minutes, center will not be completely set.
- Turn oven off; partially open oven door, leaving cheesecake in oven for 1 hour.
- Remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Cover and chill at least 8 hours.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love to putter around in the kitchen. While some people find it stressful to come home after a long day and cook, I find it relaxing. I'm a good cook and an even better baker. I've been using this website for years and have decided that it's time to share some of my favorite recipes. I hope others find these recipes as helpful as I have found theirs!