Southern Green Bean Casserole
- Ready In:
- 4 (14 1/2 ounce) cans cut green beans
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 2 slices bacon
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄2 teaspoon granulated brown sugar, depending on taste
- 1⁄2 - 1 cup minced onion, depending on taste
- 1⁄2 - 3⁄4 cup milk, depending on taste
- 1 cup French's French fried onions
- garlic, to taste
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Saute onion with garlic and bacon.
- Cut bacon into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Empty 4 cans cut Green Beans into 9 x 13 casserole dish.
- Combine 2 cans condensed Cream of Mushroom soup with milk, salt, pepper, brown sugar, onion and bacon.
- Pour soup mixture over Green Beans and mix well.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until heated through.
- Stir and top with 1 cup French's Fried Onions.
- Return to oven and bake 5 more minutes or until onions are golden.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a SAHM of a 7 yo girl and 3 yo boy. I'm just FINALLY getting into the groove of cooking without following along line per line and teaspoon by teaspoon! My DH is thrilled! I LOVE my crockpot. There's nothing like coming in after a busy afternoon of school pickup and errands knowing dinner is at least three-quarters of the way ready! Recipe Zaar is the first place I go for recipes, and nearly everything I cook has come either directly from here or was modified for my picky eaters. My husband loves the first time I try a Zaar recipe- it's almost always actually good! That's not always so for something passed on from memory by friends or relatives!