Sour Cream Cheesecake Cupcakes
photo by diner524
- Ready In:
- 16 graham crackers
- 1⁄4 lb melted butter
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 pint sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 lb frozen berries
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
- In a medium sized bowl pulverize the graham crackers.
- Stir the melted butter and 1/4 cup sugar into the crackers.
- Put a tablespoon of the mixture into each cupcake holder.
- Press firmly and evenly on the bottom.
- Combine cream cheese, eggs, 1/2 cup sugar, and vanilla in a medium sized bowl and mix until smooth and creamy.
- Pour mixture into each cupcake holder, filling them about 2/3 of the way.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes.
- Combine the sour cream and 1/3 cup sugar in a medium sized bowl and mix until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the mixture over the baked part, filling each cupcake holder completely.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 8 minutes.
- Cool in the refrigerator until cupcakes become firm enough to stand alone when paper holder is peeled away.
- In a medium saucepan combine the frozen berries and corn starch.
- Bring to a boil mixing constantly.
- Simmer until the mixture becomes clear, stirring regularly.
- Cool to room teperature.
- Cover each cupcake with berries.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Recipe was excellent! Easy to make and convenient for carrying along to a party. Didn't make the topping because I love cheesecake just plain. One of my children put a dab of 'American Spoon' Fruit Perfect on top (marionberries) and said it was fantastic. Will definitely keep it in the file box and make it again really soon. Thanks again!
Absolutely delicious and irresistible! My husband's cousin made this for a party and I have been hooked ever since. I just made these for a dinner party and wished I made more because there were no leftovers. I even had several people ask me for the recipe. This is a keeper!<br/><br/>My notes: I halved the recipe to make 12 cupcakes. Next time, I'm sticking with the whole recipe as 12 will not be enough (even for 7 people!). The ingredients say 8 graham crackers (for 1/2 the recipe). I wasn't sure if it meant 8 "whole" crackers or 4 "whole" crackers (which is 8 halves). I pulsed 8 whole crackers and found that I had double the amount of crumbs for the recipe. The filling seemed to not make enough for 12 cupcakes, so I had to literally spread it out to make 12. Initially I thought they were going to be tiny cupcakes, but they rose; plus, with the addition of the sour cream, it was the perfect amount. The cupcakes don't need any fruit topping, it is perfect by itself.
We loved it and it was the perfect size for a dessert!!! I made this as written for 1/2 of the recipe. I am not sure about the base/crust, as I used 8 full size graham crackers(which is how they originally packaged them), but based on the amount leftover, I think I should have halved all of that mixture, but again that could be my fault. For the 1st layer, I only had enough to fill 9 cupcakes spots. The sour cream mixture worked perfectly with the current baked cheesecakes, with no leftovers, so based on my findings, if you used the full recipe, you would get 18 cupcake cheesecakes. Now the only other thing I did differently than halving the recipe, was to just use fresh sliced strawberries and its juices for the topping. So good and will definitely making these again!!! Thanks so much for sharing your recipe!!! Made for PRMR Tag Game.
see 1 more reviews