Sopa Seca de Tortilla
- Ready In:
- Cut tortillas in strips about 3 inches long and 1/2 inch wide.
- In medium skillet heat 1/4 inch of oil.
- Fry tortilla strips, a few at a time, about 10 seconds or just until limp.
- Remove with slotted spoon.
- Drain on paper toweling.
- Pour off all but about 2 tablespoons oil from skillet.
- Add green pepper strips, onion and garlic; cook till onion is tender.
- Sprinkle vegetables with salt.
- In 1-1/2 quart casserole, combine tortilla strips, vegetables, and half of the cheese.
- Pour whipping cream over all.
- Cover and bake in 350-degree oven for 20 minutes.
- Stir gently; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake uncovered about 10 minutes more or until heated through.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!