photo by HeatherFeather
- Ready In:
- Preheat a well seasoned or nonstick waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions.
- Spray lightly with nonstick spray or brush with a little canola oil, if necessary.
- In a small bowl, whisk together water, egg, and oil.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, powdered buttermilk, sugar, cinnamon, and cardamom if using.
- Pour in egg mixture and using a wooden spoon, stir to combine just enough to moisten all ingredients, pressing out any big lumps with the back of your spoon (batter will appear thin).
- Pour amount of batter recommended by your waffle iron instructions onto the waffle iron grids, close the lid, and cook until the waffle iron stops steaming (approx 6 minutes or so, or according to your waffle iron instructions).
- Bascially, when the lid opens easily without sticking, the waffle should be done.
- It will be very soft waffles- not as crispy as you may be used to- but cooked through in the middle.
- Serve topped with syrup, powderd sugar, and butter as desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
HeatherFeather. The waffle recipe was absolutely perfect. I was looking for a recipe that would make soft fluffy waffles and this matched what I was looking to achieve!!!! Much like the other I did make some adjustments due to tastes preferences and what ingredients I had at home.<br/><br/>I did minus the cardamon and cinnamon. Only because my husband just wouldn't appreciate the taste like his foodie wife (lol, me). I also did not add the buttermilk. Only because I did not have any buttermilk.<br/><br/>I did add just enough vanilla to get it just a little bit of a creamy taste.<br/><br/>Nevertheless. I would share this recipe with others but I want people to just think I am an awesome cook. ROTFL. Nah, I will be sharing this recipe.
These waffles were delicious! Absolutely perfect! I didn't have any cardamom so didn't add that. I also didn't have the dry buttermilk, but added a little regular dry milk powder. I used 1 cup of 2% milk and followed the rest of the recipe as written. Not only were they amazingly tasty, but as you said they were much softer than the normal waffles. I definately prefer them softer! My whole family enjoyed these!! We have added these to our weekend breakfast rotation! Thank you so much for posting, we love them! Delicious! Thank You HeatherFeather! Yum!
These waffles are wonderful and so easy to make.I loved the cinnamon and cardamon, they added a wonderful flavor to the waffles. I didn't use the dry buttermilk, but the waffles came out fine without it. My children begged me to make more. These are a definite repeat. Thanks for a great recipe HeatherFeather!!