Snickerdoodle - Great American Cookie Co. Copycat
photo by Kamisha D.
- Ready In:
- 1 cup Butter Flavor Crisco
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- In a large bowl, cream together the shortening and sugars with an electric mixer on high.
- Add egg, vanilla, salt, baking soda and cream of tartar.
- Mix on high until smooth and well incorporated.
- Add flour and mix well.
- Preheat oven to 300°F and let the dough rest in the fridge for 30-60 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon for topping.
- With your hands, roll the dough into balls about the size of a golf ball.
- Roll the balls in the cinnamon/sugar mixture and press them into an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-14 minutes and NO LONGER! They will seem undercooked, but will be soft and chewy in the middle once they have cooled. Don't overbake and then come to me with a bad review because they weren't delicious :).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
see 3 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I'm a Texas transplant, new to the beautiful Pacific Northwest. My two little ones and i enjoy organic gardening and seafood, so it's perfect for us here. One thing I do miss about Texas is the MEXICAN FOOD! But I love to cook and the Zaar has come in quite handy for cravings!</p>