Snails Bourgugnonne/Escargots a La Bourguignonne
photo by Rita1652
- Ready In:
- 24 snails, well rinsed and drained
- 24 snail shells (can be used for shells) or 24 mushroom caps, stems removed (can be used for shells)
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red onions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- salt, for stabilizing the snails
- 1 loaf French bread
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a small bowl mix the butter, oil, onion, garlic, parsley, and pepper until all are thoroughly combined.
- Chill till firm about 2 hours.
- Put about 1/4 tablespoon of the mixture in each shell, followed by a snail, and then top each snail with the remaining mixture.
- Spread kosher salt in a shallow baking dish and nestle shells, butter sides up, in salt.
- If using mushrooms towel dry off the dirt, oil caps, pre-bake in oven for 5 minutes then top with snail and top with butter oil mixture.
- Bake in oven for 10 minutes, until the mixture begins to bubble.
- Remove to serving platter without loosing any of the sauce.
- Serve with crusty French bread (baguette) for sopping up the sauce.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!