Slow Roasted Onions With Cheese
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 4 medium sized onions (I use White)
- olive oil
- cheese slice (Gruyere, Swiss, Cheddar, Mozzarella, Pepper Jack etc)
- spices (Optional and what you have on hand)
- Pre Heat oven to 350 Degrees.
- Peel the Onions.
- Cut a cross down from the top of the onion to the root, think thick Bloomin Onion.
- Place Onions in roasting tin/casserole dish etc.
- Drizzle each with Olive Oil, a fruity oil is best if you have it.
- Sprinkle lightly with spices (optional).
- Place Onions, covered with foil, in Oven for 45 minutes.
- Remove Foil, spoon juices over the onions and return to oven without the foil for another 15 minutes or until golden and soft.
- Remove Onions, Place Cheese slices on top, then return to the oven until the cheese melts.
- Eat Immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!