Slow Cooked Moroccan Chicken
- Ready In:
- 6hrs 20mins
- 4 medium carrots, sliced
- 2 large onions, halved and sliced
- 1 broiler (3 to 4 pounds) or 1 broiler-fryer chicken, cut up, skin removed (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup dried apricot, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups cooked couscous, to serve
- Place carrots and onions in a greased 5-qt. slow cooker. Sprinkle chicken with salt; add to slow cooker. Top with apricots and raisins.
- In a small bowl, whisk broth, tomato paste, flour, lemon juice, garlic and seasonings until blended; add to slow cooker.
- Cook, covered, on low until chicken is tender, 6-7 hours. Serve with hot cooked couscous.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
One of the old time founding members of Recipezaar. I live in Port Orchard, Washington. I LOVE to cook and bake nearly everything! I HATE to see people join the site, have no published recipes, but rag on another cook in a review on a recipe they haven't even tried or didn't follow. Oh, and I hate cilantro, too. :)