Slow-Browned Carrots With Butter
photo by Baby Kato
- Ready In:
- 1hr 40mins
- 5 carrots (about 1 1/4 pounds)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- parmigiano-reggiano cheese (optional)
- Peel and cut the carrots on the bias into 1/4 inch thick ovals.
- Place the carrots and butter in a large skillet. Turn the heat to medium-low and cook, stirring often, until the carrots shrink and start to brown, 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours.
- Season with salt to tast, if using parmigiano-reggiano cheese sprinkle on top and serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
The carrots were awesome prepared this way. So much flavor and very, very tender. They were really easy to make. We loved these sweet, buttery, slightly nutty tasting carrots. I did garnish with the cheese, so good. Thank you for sharing this lovely recipe. Made for Culinary Quest - Family Picks - 2014 - Suitcase Gourmets
see 7 more reviews