My family loves this. I found it a little sweet, but I think that's expected. Very tasty.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 2 Skor candy bars
- 3⁄4 cup butter, soft
- 1⁄2 cup icing sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- Preheat oven to 300°F
- Coarsely chop 1 chocolate bar into 1/4-inch pieces, about 1/3 cup. Set remaining bar aside.
- In med bowl, using and electric mixer, beat butter until smooth. Gradually beat in sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla and salt.
- Using a wooden spoon, stir in 1 cup flour until just mixed. Stir in remaining flour with chopped skor until just mixed.
- Scrap dough into ungreased 8" square baking dish. Lightly flour fingers, then pat mixture into even thickness. Using a fork pierce dough every inch.
- Finely chop remaining bar and sprinkle over top of dough.
- Bake until edges are deep golden and center is pale golden, about 35-40 minutes
- Remove from oven. Cut into squares immediately. Cool completely in pan.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This is similar to our favorite shortbread (from the old Joy of Cooking) with the addition of the Skor and vanilla. Because of the comment about the sweetness I only mixed in the Skor leaving off the extra on top. The candy give the shortbread a little chewy bite here and there. I think I will try adding the Skor on top as I didn't find this too sweet which I was afraid of. Thanks Sam # 3 for a new twist on an old favorite!Reply
see 1 more