Skewered Thai-Style Steak With Lime, Jalapeno, and Mint
- Ready In:
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onions
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped jalapeno, with seeds
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil (reserve a little extra for brushing the meat)
- 1 lb london broil beef, 1 inch thick and 8 inches wide
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 36 medium mint leaves (to garnish)
- 36 bamboo skewers, 5 inches
- Preheat grill to high heat.
- Mix lime juice, onion, garlic, sugar, fish sauce, and jalapeno together in a small bowl. Add 3 tbsp oil, whisking slowly, and refrigerate until chilled.
- Soak bamboo skewers in water for at least 15 minutes.
- Brush both sides of the meat with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill until medium rare in the center, about 4 minutes per side.
- Remove from grill and let rest for 15 minutes.
- Cut the meat into uniform 1/8 inch thick slices, 3-4 inches long.
- Place a mint leaf on each slice and roll up. Slide onto skewer rolled.
- Serve with dipping sauce and enjoy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a 23 year old San Diegan. I graduated from San Diego State University and San Diego Culinary Institute! I am currently working in San Diego's The Oceanaire Seafood Room. I hope to one day become a chef and maybe even own my own restaurant or have my own cooking show! :D <br> <br><img src=http://www.recipezaar.com/members/home/336058/mypic_1168820984.jpg> <br> <br> <br><img src=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v235/meliluvsu/babes_meli.jpg> <br> <br><img src=http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa130/nowsonexitmusic/barrabanner2.jpg?t=1204760650> <br> <br><img src=http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q23/vseward/Bevy/officialmemberofthebevtaggame.jpg> <br> <br> <img src=http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r317/j_welcome/pics2/food/PRMRcopy.jpg> <br> <br> <img src=http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c105/jewelies/DSC_0020.jpg> <br> <br><img src=http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c105/jewelies/BottleBrush.jpg > <br> <br> <br><img src=http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c105/jewelies/Grevillia1.jpg> <br> <br><img src=http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c105/jewelies/GoldenWattle.jpg> <br> <br><img src=http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c105/jewelies/Correa.jpg> <br> <br><img src=http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c105/jewelies/boronia-1-1.jpg> <br> <br> <br><img src=http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c105/jewelies/GrassTree-1-1.jpg> <br> <br><img src=http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c105/jewelies/maori_kiss-1-1.png> <br> <br> <br><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/PAC08Main.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket> <br> <br><img src=http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c105/jewelies/Cooking-Kangaroo-1-1.jpg> <br> <br><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket> <br> <br><img src=http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/DUCHESS13/Zaar%20World%20Tour%204/ZWTAB-tg.gif>