Simple Thai-Inspired Vegetable Soup
photo by heimoran
- Ready In:
- 4 cups chicken broth or 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon Thai red curry paste
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 1⁄2 lime, juice of
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 5 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1⁄2 small head of cabbage, diced
- 1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- Saute onions celery, and carrots in 1 Tbsp butter over medium-high until tender but not browned. (NOTE: this step can be omitted to make the soup fat-free; in that case, combine all vegetables, broth, and seasonings together in a pot, bring to a boil, and simmer until done.).
- Add broth, red curry paste, brown sugar, ginger, and lime; stir to combine and bring to a boil.
- Add cabbage and kidney beans; cover, reduce heat, and simmer until vegetables have reached their desired tenderness.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!