Simple Strawberry Rhubarb Pie
photo by qwerty2091
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- 4 cups rhubarb, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 2 pie crusts, 9 inch
- Mix together strawberries, rhubarb, sugar, flour, and egg.
- Place a pie crust in a prepared 9-inch glass pie plate. Sprinkle lightly with sugar to prevent sogginess.
- Add strawberry-rhubarb mixture. Cover with vented top pie crust.
- Flute the edges to seal and cut off excess pie crust.
- Bake at 425 degrees F for 20 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees F and continue baking for another 30 minutes. Pie is done when crust is a light golden brown.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream, if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a lecturer of U.S. history for a local university. Since my life is busy, my recipes tend to be quick, easy, and inexpensive.