Simple Buttercream Icing
photo by DebS 2
- Ready In:
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature (two sticks)
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup whipping cream or 1/4 cup whole milk
- In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter on medium speed until it is very light in texture - about 2 minutes.
- Add the confectioner's sugar, vanilla and salt and mix on a low speed until the sugar and butter are blended, scraping down the bowl as needed.
- Increase the speed to medium and add the cream in a thin stream.
- Increase the speed to high and whip the buttercream about 5 minutes until very smooth, light and a good spreading consistency. Adjust with cream or confectioners sugar as needed.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!