photo by threeovens
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 lb large shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic (about 2 large cloves)
- 3 tablespoons sherry wine vinegar
- 1 lb tomatoes, chopped (about 2 cups)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 6 saffron threads, crushed
- 1 cup dry white wine
- In large skillet over high heat, heat oil until hot. Add shrimp; cook stirring constantly, until they turn pink, about 4 minutes. Remove shrimp from skillet and reduce heat to medium-high.
- Add onion and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is tender, about 1 minute.
- Add vinegar; cook just until vinegar has been absorbed, about 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, paprika, salt, red pepper and saffron threads; cook, stirring frequently until tomatoes are softened, about 3 minutes. Stir in wine; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Return shrimp to skillet and cook just until heated through, about 3 minutes. Serve with lemon wedges, chopped parsley and rice, if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I would give this 10 stars if possible. Waaaaa, I didn't have saffron and I had to use regular sherry in place of the sherry vinegar. Our most upscale grocery didn't have either. I am ordering saffron and the sherry vinegar on line tonight and will make this again asap. I can't even imagine how good it will be with the proper ingreds.
Wow Vicki, we loved this dish. I added some grape tomatoes to the mix because I didn't have enough of the regular tomatoes. I also added extra paprika, red pepper flakes and saffron (personal preference only) This was so good, very flavorful. Quick and easy to make. Loved the addition of the sherry wine vinegar, it gives a lovely robust flavor to the dish. Thank you for sharing a dish that I will make again. :)
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>As a transplanted Texan I love spicy foods and love to tweek recipes to include a little kick. I am a dialysis nurse and have two grown children living in VA and MA.<br /><br /><a href=http://phpweby.com/service/visitormap/ target=_blank><img title=World Visitor Map! src=http://m.phpweby.com/1709.png alt=Visitor Map /></a> <br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><a href=http://www.amazingcounter.com><img src=http://cb.amazingcounters.com/counter.php?i=2354074&c=7062535 border=0 alt=Free Web Site Hit Counter /></a><a href=http://www.flowerdeliverydeals.com>Comparison Shopping</a></p>