Shredded Chicken Nachos
- Ready In:
- 7hrs 30mins
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 1⁄4 ounces taco seasoning mix
- 15 ounces pinto beans, drained
- 14 1⁄2 ounces diced tomatoes, undrained
- 4 1⁄2 ounces green chilies, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 10 ounces tortilla chips (restaurant style)
- 1 cup colby-monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 3⁄4 cup chunky salsa
- 4 medium green onions, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup ripe olives or 1/4 cup green olives, sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, cut into 12 wedges
- In a 3 1/2 quart to 4 quart slow cooker, place chicken thighs.
- Sprinkle with taco seasoning mix.
- Top with beans, tomatoes, chilies, and lime juice.
- Cover and cook on low heat setting for 7 to 8 hours.
- Just before serving, place topping ingredients in individual serving dishes.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker and place on cutting board.
- Mash beans with slow cooker.
- Shred chicken with 2 forks and return to slow cooker to mix well.
- To serve, have guests place tortilla chips on serving plates.
- Spoon 1/2 cup chicken mixture onto chips.
- Top nachos with desired toppings.
- Chicken mixture can be held on low heat setting up to 2 hours.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love to try new recipes, and this is a wonderful site to find new additions. I rarely make the same thing twice because it's so much fun to try something different. My life long dream is to travel the world and eat my way around it.