Shirley Corriher's Chocolate Chip Cookies, Puffy Version
photo by Chocolatl
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 cups cake flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 9 tablespoons shortening
- 1 cup light brown sugar, minus 1 tablespoon
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 6 ounces chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Sift flour, salt and baking powder together. Set aside.
- Beat shortening and sugar together until fluffy.
- Add egg and beat thoroughly.
- Beat in vanilla.
- Gradually add dry ingredients and beat on low speed until thoroughly combined.
- Stir in chips.
- Drop onto lightly greased cookie sheets and bake for about 12 minutes, or until edges begin to brown.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Now I don't know which are better! The medium version or the puffy version! You'll just have to try both, and decide for yourself. ;) These are gorgeous puffy cookies, simple to make, and a definate hit! Don't change a thing! I used half regular shortening, and half butter flavour. Thanks, Chocolatl - this is a great recipe! Made for 1-2-3 Hits Tag.