MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
The veggie version of Shepherd's Pie. Very simple and delicious.
- Ready In:
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can drained kidney beans
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can drained black beans
- 1 (14 ounce) can creamed corn
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup salsa
- 1 (14 ounce) can mixed vegetables
- 2 cups prepared mashed potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese, if desired
- In a casserole dish, mix the beans, corn, salsa, veggies and garlic powder.
- Top with mashed potatoes and sprinkle with cheese if using.
- Bake in oven at 350°F about 30 minutes or until hot.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I liked the ease of preparation. I had no canned mixed vegs, so I used a can of cut yams (well-rinsed and drained), and it was very good that way. I was a bit skeptical about all that garlic powder, but it worked. Unfortunately, I was more enthusiastic about this recipe than the rest of my family was, but even so I will make it again. I loved the fact that it was so low in fat.Reply
This was a good dish, but nobody at our house thought it was a keeper as is, all agreeing that the salsa was out of place and in general it was "missing something." I like the idea of this a lot and will try to tweak it to our own personal tastebuds by trying various veggies and sauce ingredients. Love the ease of the recipe, the hominess comfort factor, and the potato topping though!Reply
see 4 more