Seven Bone Pot Roast in the Pressure Cooker
- Ready In:
- 1hr 35mins
- Heat olive oil in large deep pan then brown roast on both sides- place roast in bottom of pressure cooker.
- In same pan/oil- brown onions and garlic ( both of which have been chopped)-then put onions and garlic over roast in pressure cooker pot.
- Pour all the other ingredients in the pressure cooker pot.
- Bring to high pressure and cook at high pressure for one hour.
- Let pressure come down naturally- " natural release method".
- After pressure is completely down let roast sit in unopened pressure cooker for at least another 20 minutes.
- Open cooker-serve over rice or noodles.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I forgot to use the stars last time... My comments were: This is the first time I've used my pressure cooker for a roast as well as my first "Seven-bone Chuck Roast". Not only was it simple to prepare, my family RAVED about it. I have a 7, 4, and 3 year old to contend with and they all asked for multiple helpings both the first night and the next day for lunch. I can't say enough good about this roast. I'm going to try the recipe tonight with a different boneless rib roast that I found on sale today. SOOOO Happy.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hello fellow cooks-I am on OBGYN doctor and I am new to this website. . I love RecipeZaar since there are so many, easy, delicious, tested recipes. Between myself and my boyfriend, we have 5 children so there is always someone hungry-the family is so happy about the new, freshly cooked foods that have been gracing our table as of late. Gardening- here in south florida we have lots of tropical fruit trees - is another hobby that I enjoy. We love scuba diving too. Recently, I did a tandem parachute jump.