Sesame Cardamom Tea Cookies
photo by Meghan O
- Ready In:
- 1hr 23mins
- Combine flour, cardamom, salt, and baking powder. Set aside.
- Mix the sugars and butter ( or margarine) over medium speed until fluffy.
- Mix in the tahini (make sure to mix well), then the vanilla, sesame seeds, and ginger (if using).
- Over low speed, add flour mixture. Dough should be a bit crumbly (much like shortbread dough).
- Cover dough with plastic wrap and chill for about an hour.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Shape dough into small balls (about 1 inch or 15 grams).
- Arrange onto a baking sheet (I use baking mats, but parchment also works).
- Using a glass, press the cookies down into discs. You may need to dip the glass in water to prevent the cookies from sticking to the glass.
- Bake about 8 minutes until the edges are slightly browned.
- Cool for a few minutes on the baking sheet before transferring to a wire rack.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!