Sesame Broccoli, Really..it's Good!
photo by esteban
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 lbs broccoli (1 bunch, 2 or 3 stalks)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted in dry skillet
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Prepare the broccoli for cooking. Boil, steam and drain. Please DO NOT over cook! Generally 6-8 minutes to steam or boil is about right for crisp broccoli.
- Heat the sesame oil on a skillet or wok for 15 seconds over high heat. Add the sesame seeds and the broccoli.
- Stir fry until heated through.
- Remove from the pan to a serving dish, pour soy sauce over!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Yes, this is exactly the way I prepare my broccoli too! Except I don't steam it beforehand. In fact I find that the soy sauce isn't even necessary, because I generally stir fry the broccoli for pretty long until it absorbs all of the flavor of the sesame oil. Also, adding mushrooms makes the dish even more marvelous! For mushrooms (without steaming/cooking beforehand) , stir fry the broccoli for about 5 minutes before adding the mushrooms, then stir fry for another 5 minutes and voila, it's done! Some garlic and/or ginger would be awesome too - totally enhances the flavor!
see 46 more reviews