Seared Rabbit With Lemongrass Risotto
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 8 -12 ounces rabbit tenderloin
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 teaspoons dry sherry
- 1 small onion, chopped fine
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 -2 stalk lemongrass, thinly sliced (remove any woody shoots)
- 1 1⁄2 cups risotto rice, preferably canaroli
- 4 cups good quality chicken broth, warmed
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream or 3 tablespoons whole milk
- 2 -3 sprigs fresh thyme
- salt and pepper (you'll need at least 1 tsp. salt)
- freshly grated parmesan cheese, padano or other hard salty cheese
- Heat butter and olive oil in a large pot.
- Cut rabbit loin or leg into strips and salt and pepper liberally.
- Saute rabbit over medium heat until nicely browned; remove and deglaze pan with dry sherry.
- Add onion, garlic, and lemongrass and saute until the onions are translucent and your kitchen starts to smell like lemongrass.
- Add rice and saute a few minutes, coating the rice with the fat in the pan.
- One cup at a time, add the chicken broth, allowing the rice to absorb the liquid before adding more. Once the rice has reached the 'al dente' stage, remove from heat and stir in the cream, thyme, and reserved rabbit strips.
- Taste for seasoning and serve, adding lots of fresh cheese to each portion.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!