Scallop Pie (Irish)
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- Clean the scallops and cut in half, then simmer in the milk for 15 minutes.
- Strain, reserving the liquid.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the butter and stir in the flour, cook for about a minute, stirring, then add the milk gradually, stirring all the time to avoid lumps.
- Season with salt and pepper, add the sliced mushrooms and simmer for about 10 minutes longer; then add the sherry or wine and finally the scallops.
- When hot, transfer to an ovenproof dish and cover with mashed potatoes, making sure they cover the fish right to the edges.
- Dot with the remaining butter and bake in a moderate oven, 350F, for 20-30 minutes, or until the top is turning brown.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!