Savory Smothered Pork Chops
- Ready In:
- Season chops with salt, pepper and rosemary.
- In a skillet heat oil over med-high heat and brown chops, about 5 minute per side.
- Remove chops to a platter and keep warm.
- Add shallots to pan and saute until soft.
- Add broth, scraping any browned bits from bottom of pan.
- Let liquid reduce by half, about 3-5 minute.
- Melt in butter then pour over chops.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Cut this recipe in half for 2 of us & I was very pleased at not only the simplicity of preparation but also the great taste ~ Very, very nice! I served it with brown rice mixed with peas! A very nice keeper of a recipe since pork chops are one a favorite! Thanks for sharing it! [Made & reviewed as a THANK YOU for tagging in PRMR during the recent Tic-Tac-Toe event]
DH and I just had this for dinner. It was awesome! I doubled the broth and butter to make more sauce. Plus I added 2 garlic cloves and a dried habenero for extra heat. I think this is my new favorite pork chop recipe! Next time I will make with garlic mashed potatoes so I can pour the gravy on them! Thanks for another keeper klboyle!!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<br /><br /><img src="http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r317/j_welcome/pics2/food/PRMRcopy.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket" /> <br /><img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket" /> <br /><img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/smPACp.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket" /></p>