Sausage Meatloaf OAMC
- Ready In:
- 1hr 35mins
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb ground sausage
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 8 -10 saltines, crushed
- 2 eggs
- 16 ounces tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Combine ground beef, sausage, celery, onion, saltines, and eggs together and form into 2 loaves.
- Bake covered at 350 degress Fahrenheit in stoneware for 45 to 75 minutes(depending on the shape of your loaves and desired doneness). Drain grease.
- For the sauce, combine tomato sauce, brown sugar, mustard, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Pour sauce over loaves.
- Cover meatloaf and cook 15 minutes.
- Remove cover and cook 10 to 15 minutes.
- To freeze, just freeze the meat mixture in meal size portions. Thaw it in the refrigerator for a day before cooking. You could make and freeze the sauce too, but I usually mix it up when I cook the meat.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
A really simple and very tasty meatloaf. I'm not sure that Saltines exist here in Oz,so I used Saladas,and it worked out fine. We really enjoyed the addition of the sausage meat,as it gave the whole thing a different dimension.I cut the sauce measurements in half,but still has loads of it,so may well reduce that further next time. A good family meal,that we all enjoyed (even the two under five's!!)...thanks for posting..it's a keeper!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a grad student (in chemistry, which is really just glorified cooking) who loves cooking anything and everything. I've recently been discovering a love of baking. My husband mostly enjoys my experimenting, except when it involves spiciness! <br> <br>I typically follow recipes and therefore don't have very many of my own. I'm trying to get more daring, though. Hopefully I'll have many excellent recipes to donate here, eventually.