Salt Cod Fish - Creole Style
- Ready In:
- 8hrs 35mins
- TO PREPARE SALT FISH: soak salt fish overnight in cold water, drain. Put into a saucepan, covered with fresh cold water, bring to the boil & simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Fry the onion, tomatoes & pepper in heated lard or bacon fat.
- Add the fish & mix thoroughly.
- Season to taste.
- Arrange the yam or potato slices to cover the bottom and sides of a greased ovenproof dish.
- Pile in the fish mixture.
- Dot with butter & milk.
- Sprinkle with parsley & bake in a moderately hot oven for 20 minutes (375° Gas Mark 5).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
HiI'm Jenny B..........an adopted Aussie in '72, originally hailing from Trinidad & Tobago........I currently live in S.A....alovely spot called Hallett Cove, south of the city and heading towards some of our famous wineries.....McLarenvale.........Professionally I'm a Mental Health Nurse,working in the I.C.U of Adelaide's major psychiatric hospital........I have 3 grown daughters ,all live interstate/o'seas........I go ten pin bowling as often as possible.....very good exercise !! <img src="http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j166/ZaarNicksMom/PACsticker-Adopted.jpg">