Salsa Chicken and Rice Casserole
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 1 (8 ounce) package monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 lb cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups salsa
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, boiled and cut into pieces
- preheat oven 350*. In medium dish or bowl mix cheeses together.
- Set aside.
- In another bowl, combine soups, onion, salsa and mix together.
- In a lightly greased 9 x 13 baking dish Layer 1/2 of the rice, 1/2 chicken, 1/2 of soup/salsa mix and 1/2 of cheese mixture.
- Repeat layers.
- Bake at 350*for about 40 minutes or until bubbly.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was easy and pretty good. I used Pace Picante salsa (8 oz), Uncle Ben's brown Ready Rice (the 90 second stuff), and 1 lb of cooked, shredded chicken. I sauteed the onion until soft, and added a minced garlic clove with the onion. <br/>It would be good for those times when you have no time to cook. Tasty, but not a time waster.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
SAHM enjoy collecting and trying different recipes. I prefer to give honest reviews for items I have tried. if I make changes I note them in the review.