Salmon, Tomato & Cheese Open Face or Patty Style Sandwiches
- Ready In:
- 1 (14 3/4 ounce) can pink salmon, drained
- 1 egg, separated
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 12 saltine crackers, crushed
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise or 3 tablespoons Miracle Whip
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 4 -6 slices whole wheat bread or 4 -6 slices white bread, lightly toasted
- 4 -6 teaspoons margarine or 4 -6 teaspoons butter
- 4 -6 slices American cheese or 4 -6 slices Velveeta cheese
- Pam cooking spray
For Salmon Spread:
- In large bowl, add salmon, lemon juice, crackers, mayonnaise or Miracle Whip and dill weed. Mix and then set aside.
- Beat egg white until fluffy.
- Fold in to Salmon mixture.
- Toast bread and spread with margarine or butter.
- Pile salmon spread on each toast slice.
- Cut vine ripe tomatoes in slices; add a medium slice on top of salmon.
- Add a slice of cheese on top.
- Place all on baking tray.
- Broil at 450°F for 5 minutes. Cut diagonally or in half and serve as finger food or with knife and fork.
For Salmon Patties:
- Mix salmon, whole egg, not separated, lemon juice, crackers, mayonnaise or Miracle Whip, dill weed. Form into patties.
- Spray Pam into frying pan, cook on both sides until slightly browned.
- Put on toast, add tomato slices and cheese and broil at 450°F for five minutes.
- Note: You may also serve the salmon patties with other vegetables as a main dish.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>My husband & I built our dream home after our children were raised.We didn't hire a contractor, we pounded every nail and board and shingle on it.I have lots of stories to tell about that adventure. My passion is cooking, my grandchildren and living each day like it were my last. I love to drive the big rigs. I lived all over the world for a time and collected dolls and cookbooks. I write poetry. My other passions are the outdoors, country living, the sunrises and sunsets,to give to others more than I receive as it says in the Bible. As I get older I am less judgemental.I hope I have helped someone each and every day. Every day is an adventure! <br /><br />Event Participation! <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /> <img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/PAC08Main.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /> <br /><br /><img src=http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/DUCHESS13/RSC%20Banners/RSC11-SueL-FirstPlace.jpg alt= /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg border=0 alt=Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket /> <img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/smPACp.jpg border=0 alt=Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket /> <br /><br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/beartag_1_1.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting /> <img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/adopted_1_1.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/200_artistrichardneuman-art-prints_.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting /> <img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/untitled.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting /></p>