A lovely way to enjoy your salmon. I used non-fat canned milk to replace the cream. Good and good for you.
- Ready In:
- 2 salmon fillets
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup almonds, slivered toasted
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons cream
- 2 tablespoons chicken broth
- Combine flour, salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle salmon filet on each side with seasonned flour.
- In skillet combine oil and butter; heat until hot and bubbly.
- Add salmon and cook until golden on both side.
- Carefully remove filets and place in a ovenproof pan.
- Cook in a 350* oven for 10-15 minutes until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Place on serving plates.
- While fish is finishing in the oven make sauce.
- Deglaze pan by slowly stirring in lemon juice and vinegar.
- Add parsley, green onions and chicken broth; bring to a boil;
- Let sit and whisk in cream just before serving.
- Spoon sauce on salmon filets.
- Sprinkle with toasted almonds.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
A classic, with slightly tart sauce and cruncy almonds. I used small 4-oz fillets, which were a little small for the amount of sauce. I only needed about half the quantity of almonds called for here. Instead of breading the fish, I pan seared them, then added 2 tbl of flour after the deglacing, to make the sauce. This probably lost a little flavor from not browning the flour, but made a nice visual with the pink meat, white sauce, and green herbs.Reply