Sago Stuffed Crab Crusted Grouper
- Ready In:
- 1hr 45mins
12 6 0z stuffed Grouper Fillets
- 12 (6 ounce) grouper fillets
- 3⁄8 cup parmesan flavored breadcrumbs
- 3⁄8 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 3⁄8 cup yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 3⁄4 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 3⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 lb fresh crabmeat, drained and flaked
- 3⁄8 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 8 (13 -15 count) raw shrimp, chopped
- 14 ounces lobster tail meat
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons clam broth
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 2 pinches cayenne pepper
- 3⁄8 cup sherry wine
- 2 pinches salt
- 2 pinches pepper
- 2 pinches paprika
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup Spanish onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Spanish onions, chopped
- 1 cup carrot, chopped
- 2 tablespoons carrots, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 2 tablespoons celery, chopped
- 4 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh thyme (leaves only)
- 3⁄4 cup sherry wine
- 1 cup clam juice, reduced
- 2 tablespoons clam juice, reduced
- 1 1⁄4 cups shrimp, chopped
- 3 pinches salt and pepper
- 4 1⁄2 cups plain breadcrumbs
- 24 red bell peppers, sliced in thin slivers
- 24 yellow bell peppers, sliced in thin slivers
- 24 green onion tops
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, stir together the 3/8 cups flavored bread crumbs, red pepper, yellow pepper, 6 green onions, 3/4 jalapeno, 1 1/2 stick butter, crabmeat, and 3/8 cup mozzarella cheese.
Shrimp and Lobster Butter Cream Sauce:
- In a heavy saucepan, melt 3/4 stick of the butter and saute' the 1/4 cup onions until they turn translucent. Add the 8 shrimp and chopped lobster. Saute' until pink. Add the 3 Tbsp flour and saute' for three minutes. Add clam stock and the remaining 3/4 stick butter. Slowly pour in 1-1/2 cup of the heavy cream while stirring. Then add the 2 pinches cayenne pepper, and when it begins to thicken, add the remaining 1-1/2 cup cream. Finish with the 3/8 cups sherry and season with 2 pinches of salt, pepper and paprika.
- In a heavy stock pot, saute' the Spanish onions, carrots, celery and thyme in the 2 sticks butter until the onions are translucent. Add the shrimp and clam reduction then saute' until the shrimp are pink. Add the 3/4 cup sherry, salt and pepper. Remove from heat and stir in the plain breadcrumbs until all of the liquid is absorbed and it can be formed into balls that are tacky, but will not fall apart.
- First, cut a piece of grouper to an individual 6 oz serving. Be sure that there are no bones in the fillet. Make a vertical cut down the center of the fillet to 1/4 inch from the bottom, being sure not to cut through the fillet. To form one large pocket, make two horizontal cuts on the inside on either side of the first cut. Stuff this pocket with 4 oz of grouper stuffing. or cut grouper into two 3 ounces pieces and place stuffing between pieces.
- Arrange grouper fillets in a single layer in a baking dish (three 9x13 inch) or broiling pan and filled with 1/2 inch of water. Spread the crumb topping evenly over the fish.
- Bake until fish is easily flaked with a fork and stuffing is golden brown (approximately 15-30 minutes). If you have thin fillets, you may broil for 10 minutes instead of baking.
- Transfer to a plate on a bed of spinach en branche (also posted), decorate with slivers and spoon on the shrimp and lobster butter cream sauce to cover. Serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Architect Enjoy cooking, golf Compiled and wrote a collection of recipes for friends and family called The Bachelor Architect's Cookbook with the recipes following the format and organization of Constructuion Specifications.