Rotini With Spicy Tomato Sauce
photo by Chef SirLazyLot
- Ready In:
- 13 ounces rotini pasta
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (13 ounce) can tomatoes
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1 dash salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 tablespoon dried Italian herb seasoning
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup olive, pitted
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 100 g meat (leftovers is fine) or 100 g chicken (leftovers is fine)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add the pasta and cook until al dente and drain the pasta.
- In large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add in the minced garlic and chopped onion. Cook until fragrant.
- Add in the tomato sauce, red pepper flakes, ground black pepper, olives and hot sauce. Stir continuously.
- Add in the salt, sugar, dried italian herbs, lemon juice, cherry tomatoes and meat/chicken. Taste and adjust the seasonings.
- Put in all the pasta in the skillet together with the sauce.
- Stir them together over low heat.
- Serve hot and sprinkle the finely chopped parsley as garnishing.
- Eat up and enjoy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!