MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Cuban Shredded Beef, In 'Three Guys from Miami Cook Cuban
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 30mins
- 4 lbs chuck roast or 4 lbs arm roast, well marbled
- flour, for dusting
- olive oil, for browning
- 1 green pepper, chunked
- 1 onion, sliced
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 cups chopped white onions
- 4 garlic cloves, mashed with 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chopped green peppers
- 4 ounces tomato paste
- 1 (32 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 bay leaf
- Do not trim excess fat from meat before cooking; you can remove the fat when you shred the beef.
- Salt and pepper the meat and dust lightly with flour.
- Brown the meat in oil in a big Dutch oven.
- Add enough water to surround the meat, but NOT cover it.
- Add in green pepper, sliced onion, and garlic.
- Simmer, covered, until meat is fork tender, about 2 hours (add more water as needed to keep from burning); remove from heat and cool.
- Discard vegetables and shred the meat.
- In the same pan you cooked the meat in, saute the chopped onions, garlic, and green pepper in oil until limp.
- Add in tomato paste, crushed tomatoes, cumin, wine, and bay leaf; add salt and pepper to taste.
- Finally, add the shredded beef; cover and cook on low for about 30 minutes, stirring occasinally.
- Remove bay leaf; serve hot over cooked rice.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION