Root Beer Float Cakes
I got this recipe on teamsugar.com
- Ready In:
- 1 cup root beer Schnapps
- 1 1⁄2 cups old-fashioned style root beer (like A&W or Dads)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups dark brown sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
root beer glaze
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄3 cup root beer
- 3 tablespoons root beer Schnapps (*)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In a bowl, mix together root beer schnapps, root beer, and vanilla extract. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, mix until smooth.
- Sift in flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Mix with hand mixer on low, while slowly pouring in root beer mixture.
- Mix until smooth and lump free.
- Pour into lined cupcake pan. (Use foil cupcake liners to avoid leakage later.) Fill nearly to the top, you may think its over-filled, but it puffs up perfectly this way. Don't be tempted to use more than 24 cupcake cups.
- Bake for 15- 20 minutes, until golden brown and cake springs back when touched.
- While cupcakes are baking, prepare your butter cream and root beer glaze. For glaze, put all ingredients into a bowl and mix with a wisk until smooth and lump free.
- To assemble, start by letting cupcakes cool, still in the pan.
- While still slightly warm, pour 1 Tbs. of root beer schnapps over each cupcake. Pour on slowly to allow schnapps ( or regular root beer for the kiddies) to soak inches.
- Once the schnapps has soaked in and let sit for a few minutes, pour a couple tablespoons of glaze over each cupcake.
- When the glaze sets up a bit and isn't too runny, put a "scoop" of buttercream atop each. For an added touch, you can even place a root beer barrel candy on each one.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION