Roasted Ratatouille Rice and Salmon
photo by College Inn
- Ready In:
- 3 plum tomatoes, each cut into 8 wedges, then in half
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, cut into 8 wedges, layers separated
- 1 zucchini, quartered lengthwise, then cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 tablespoon and 1 1/2 tsp. canola oil, divided
- 1 1⁄2 lbs salmon fillets, cut into 4 pieces
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2 cups College Inn® Vegetable Broth
- 1 cup uncooked white rice
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Arrange vegetables on a foil-lined baking sheet and sprinkle with 1 tablespoons oil; bake 12 minutes.
- After vegetables have roasted 12 minutes, place salmon, skin-side-down, on another foil-lined baking sheet. Brush with remaining 1 ½ teaspoons oil, sprinkle with thyme and season to taste with salt and black pepper, if desired. Bake about 14 minutes or until salmon begins to flake with a fork. Stir vegetables when placing salmon in oven.
- Meanwhile, bring broth to a boil in a large saucepan over high heat. Stir in rice and reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and cook 15 minutes or until water is absorbed. Stir in the roasted vegetables and basil. Season to taste with salt and pepper, if desired. Serve with salmon.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!