Roasted Pumpkin & Fennel Salad With Goat Cheese & Maple
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is a fantasatic salad - So delicious!! I just love it, it makes a full meal when served with grilled boneless, skinless chicken!!
- Ready In:
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 whole garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 3⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 1 1⁄4 cups olive oil
- 2 cups cubed pumpkin
- 1⁄2 fennel bulb, sliced (fronds removed)
- 4 cups mixed salad greens
- 4 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup toasted pumpkin seeds
- Place mustard, garlic, salt and pepper in a wooden bowl. Using a fork, grind to a paste. Add vinegar, maple syrup and olive oil, whisking until smooth,
- Remove top from pumpkin, scoop it insides and slice into wedges. Cut meat into 1/2-inch cubes.
- Remove fronds from fennel, cut bulb in half; slice one half, saving remaining half for future use.
- Toss pumpkin and fennel in half the vinaigrette. Place on baking sheet in 350F oven. Braise for 30 minutes, or until brown, Remove from oven.
- Place salad on plate; arrange pumpkin and fennel on top. Drizzle with remaining vinaigrette, and top with goat cheese and pumpkin seeds.
TOASTED PUMPKIN SEEDS:
- Remove seeds from pumpkin. Spread on baking sheet, and let dry overnight.
- Rub the seeds between your hands to remove any dried bits of flesh, Toss seeds lightly in a bit of olive oil, enough to coat; add just enough salt to flavour. Return to baking sheet, and place in 225F oven. Roast for an hour and 15 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Let cool, then eat like a sunflower seed, or whole.
- VARIATION: Add cayenne or curry to olive oil for a bit of heat; cinnamon with honey or maple syrup for a hint of sweetness.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION