Roasted Green Beans With Walnuts, Lemon and Cranberries
photo by Diamond of Californ
- Ready In:
- 1 3⁄4 lbs green beans, trimmed
- 1⁄2 cup sliced shallot
- 2 tablespoons walnut or olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1⁄2 cup Diamond of California® shelled walnuts
- 1⁄3 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup Italian parsley leaves (optional)
- Lemon wedges (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Combine green beans with shallots, oil and lemon zest on heavy large rimmed baking sheet; toss well to combine. Spread beans out into single layer and season with salt and pepper. Roast the beans in the oven until just beginning to brown, about 10 minutes.
- Stir the beans well and sprinkle with walnuts and cranberries. Continue to roast until beans are almost just tender, about 6 minutes longer. Add the water and lemon juice and continue roasting until the liquid evaporates and the green beans are lightly glazed, about 4 minutes longer. Garnish with parsley and lemon wedges if desired and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!