Roasted Garlic Aioli
- Ready In:
- 1hr 45mins
- 1 large head of garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 small lemon, juice of
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch ground cayenne pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups extra virgin olive oil
- Roast the garlic head by cutting a thin slice off the very top of the head to expose the tops of all the cloves. Set the head in a shallow baking dish, and drizzle 2T olive oil over the head and season with salt and pepper.
- Cover w/ foil.
- Bake in a 300 degree oven for 1-1/2 hours till garlic is very soft.Set aside.
- When cool squeeze the pulp out of the garlic into a blender and add egg yolks, garlic, lemon juic, water, salt, and cayenne.
- Puree till smooth.
- With motor running add the reserved oil from roasted garlic plus the additional 1-1/2 c oil in a slow steady stream and continue processing till emulsified.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!