Roasted Beet Salad With Pumpkin Seeds
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 2 lbs beets, fresh
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, fresh
- 1 pinch salt
- Baby Spinach (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup pumpkin seeds, toasted
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Wash and place each beet in tin foil. Roast for 45 - 1 hour -- depending on size. (I pull my beets out when they are individually done, so that the smaller ones don't get overcooked) The beets taste better when they are undercooked.
- Let cool on the counter for 15 minutes. With gloves, peel the beets and cut into cubes.
- Stir honey with mustard in a medium bowl until combined; slowly whisk in lemon juice and salt. Add beets, gently toss to coat.
- If making in advance, bring to room temperature before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!