Roast Potato Salad (Michael Smith)
- Ready In:
- 4 -5 bacon, slices thick
- 20 baby red potatoes
- handful flat leaf parsley
- 3 tablespoons capers
- 1 big spoonful whole grain mustard
- splash red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Stack the bacon slices on top of each other then cut into thin pieces. Toss them into a large sauté pan, add a splash of water and begin heating the works over a medium-high heat. When the water evaporates and the bacon begins to brown turn the heat down a notch and continue cooking until it’s all nice and crisp. Strain and reserve the fat.
- Meanwhile, preheat your oven to 400°F Cut the potatoes in half. Toss them with the bacon fat and seasoning then roast them until they’re golden brown, about forty minutes. Cool to room temperature.
- Toss the potatoes with the remaining ingredients then serve right away or save for later. This salad is great when it’s made the night before the party!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love great food and I particularly like trying cuisines new to me! Although I don't prepare as much food as I used to, creating in my kitchen is still one of my favourite things to do. Enjoy!