Risotto Stuffed Mushrooms
- Ready In:
- 1 (5 1/2 ounce) package risotto mix with mushrooms, cooked and kept warm
- 3⁄4 cup shredded monterey jack cheese, divided
- 3 tablespoons grated romano cheese or 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped chives or 1 tablespoon green onion
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1 large garlic clove, finely chopped
- 18 -20 about 1 3/4 pounds total jumbo whole white mushrooms, stems removed
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Combine risotto, 1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese, Romano or Parmesan cheese, chives, bell pepper and garlic in medium bowl. Arrange mushrooms on baking sheet. Fill mushrooms with risotto mixture, mounding slightly. Sprinkle with remaining Monterey Jack cheese.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until mushrooms are golden brown and cheese is melted.
Join The Conversation
This is a great appetizer that's different from the usual stuffed muchrooms. I got the recipe from Meals.com and have been making it for years. My kids love to eat what's left that didn't get stuffed in a mushroom and sometimes we make it into a meal by skipping the mushrooms and adding some grilled chicken pieces.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in beautiful sunny San Diego with my husband and two wonderful daughters who are 13 (yikes) and 3. I've always cooked but for some reason never really enjoyed it until a few years ago. I'm not sure what changed but now I love it. I'm addicted to this website and The Food Network is always on my tv. My baby loves to "cook" with me and is always by my side in the kitchen. :-) I enjoy finding new recipes and testing them out on the family. My husband likes just about everything except beans, but the kids are sometimes a bit harder to please. In the summer I like to make as much outside on the grill as possible and once winter rolls around I do a lot of baking and love to make soups.