Rice Cooker Potato Salad
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 lbs little potatoes (the red or white ones)
- 1 1⁄2 cups water, for rice cooker
- 1 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise (or to personal taste)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 -2 tablespoon vinegar (Balsamic would be nice)
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 1 -2 stalk celery, chopped
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard (the bright yellow kind)
- 1 -2 tablespoon pickle relish (do NOT drain before measuring)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 2 -4 hard-boiled eggs, coarsely chopped
- paprika (to garnish)
- ***** PUT EGGS IN STEAMER BASKET AND IT WILL COOK WITH THE POTATOES *****.
- Cut the potatoes in bite size pieces and put in rice cooker with the water.
- Turn rice cooker on to cook and cook for 10-15 minutes, until potatoes are fork done.
- It's better if they are slightly underdone than overdone.
- Take the rice cooker pan to the sink and run cold water in the pan to cool the potatoes and the eggs.
- Drain them well.
- Put the potatoes in a bowl or container and add the rest of the ingredients.
- Stir well and refrigerate.
- Better if made a day ahead.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This worked awesome! I used my rice cooker on 'steam' setting for 20 minutes. My potatoes and eggs were both cooked perfectly. I used my own recipe for the rest of the salad. I'm so excited to be able to use my rice cooker for potatoes and eggs! Maybe I'll try pasta and eggs in the cooker for my next salad! The only clean up wasp wiping off the cutting board. Amazing!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Click to feed animals I'm a retired teacher now living in the Jamaica Plain area of Boston. I have one daughter, 2 granddaughters, and 1 great-grandson(17 yo Dec '11)! I've travelled a bit throughout Europe and the U.S. as well as Honduras and Costa Rica. I think I may have some gypsy ancestors! I love to travel but am not able to anymore. So I do a LOT of reading instead. My current craft passion is knittng but I have dabbled in just about everything. I've done leaded glass work(stained glass), which I love; am working on counted cross stitch; and am willing to try any craft, at least once! I've also worked for a major insurance company as a case analyst. I have 2 cats, Teddy BB 11 .o. on the 19th of Feb, and CiCi who will be 5 years old on Mar 6th. src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/orn.jpg></p>