Rice and Artichoke Pilaf
- Ready In:
- Heat oil in medium saucepan over medium heat. Add shallots and cook, stirring occasionally until softened, about 2 minutes.
- Add rice and stir to coat.
- Stir in artichokes, 2 cups water, broth, wine, and salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to low.
- Cook until rice is tender and absorbs liquid, about 18 minutes.
- Let stand 5 minutes then fluff with fork and stir in parsley. Transfer to a serving dish and serve hot.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I had to update this because we got married in January 2009! Yipee! We love to cook and love to try all kinds of new and exciting foods. I (Amanda) am a vegetarian and luckily found someone who has very diverse eating habits. We live in Winter Springs, Florida with our 2 dogs and 2 cats. We enjoy traveling, watching movies, reading, being active and spending time with friends. <img src="http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j166/ZaarNicksMom/PACsticker-Adopted.jpg"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket"> <img src=http://i335.photobucket.com/albums/m445/mliss29/vegnswap3/group09okra.jpg> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/IWasAdoptedfall08.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket">