Reduced-Fat Cake (From Boxed Mix)
- Ready In:
24 slices or cupcakes
- 1 boxed chocolate cake mix (for 2-layer cake)
- 1 (12 ounce) can diet cola
- Empty cake mix into mixing bowl.
- Add entire can of diet cola, and mix well.
- Bake as directed on package. That's it!
- Tastes great plain, or with a light dusting of confectioner's sugar. Also wonderful with a spoonful of Cool-Whip Free.
- Other combinations that I have tried and enjoyed are yellow cake mix/Fresca (regular or Peach flavor) or 7-up, chocolate cake mix/Dr. Pepper, and white cake mix/7-up.
- Estimated Calorie Content: Going by my package of cake mix (2100 calories per TOTAL BOX OF MIX), divide that by 24 cupcakes (the normal amount a standard mix will make), and each cupcake comes out to just under 90 calories each! Just remember, this is without frosting or Cool Whip, etc.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is a very good "diet" cake, & it does get passed around the Weight Watchers groups. It comes out to about 3 points per serving for 12 servings. I like to add a couple of egg whites to give it a little more "lift." I've used Diet Dr. Pepper, diet cherry cola, and many other combinations. It's also good to mix some fat-free pudding (dry) into the Cool Whip for added flavor.