Red Onion Soup
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Some recipes just don't have to be complicated. Such as this one, from Bon Appetit's "Deliciously Light". Only 4 ingredients away from a comforting bowl of one of America's favorite soups.
- Ready In:
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs red onions, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 (14 ounce) cans beef broth
- Heat 3 tablespoons oil in heavy large pot over med-high heat.
- Add onions and sauté until brown, about 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle flour over sautéed onions; stir 2 minutes.
- Gradually mix in broth, scraping up browned bits from pan bottom.
- Simmer 15 minutes.
- Working in batches and using on/off turns.
- blend soup in processor to coarse puree.
- Return soup to pot and bring just to simmer.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Ladle soup into bowls.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION