Rebecca's Terrible Chili
- Ready In:
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 1⁄2 cups onions, diced
- 2 1⁄2 cups red peppers, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 2⁄3 cup minced garlic
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 lb mild Italian sausage
- 3 serrano peppers, diced
- 4 jalapeno peppers, diced
- 3 anaheim chilies, skin removed
- 1 tablespoon granulated onion
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 4 tablespoons cumin
- 2 tablespoons coriander
- 2 teaspoons cayenne
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 4 tablespoons blackstrap molasses
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 cups tomato puree
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 1⁄8 cup dark chili powder
- 1⁄8 cup honey
- 2 (15 ounce) cans dark red kidney beans
- 2 (15 ounce) cans light red kidney beans
- cook onions, celery and red pepper in oil, until onions are tranparent and soft.
- Add garlic and cook for 5 minutes more.
- Add peppers and chilis (at this point I put all the veggies and peppers in the blender and blend. I don't like biting into them chopped up. That is a matter of preference though).
- stir and cook until blended.
- Add all meats and cook until meat is done.
- add everything else and simmer at least an hour.
- this tastes best after resting overnight.
- serve over rice, topped with cheddar and sour cream with a big piece of cornbread on the side. Enjoy.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!