Real Mexican Enchiladas
- Ready In:
- For the sauce: Peel and wash tomatillos; Combine tomatillos, washed jalapenos and onion in a pot; bring to a boil (until tomatillos turn dark green), drain; place in a blender and add 1/2 of the cilantro and blend.
- Set aside.
- For enchiladas: heat 1/2 oil (you may need to add more oil) and fry tortillas for about 45 sec each side, and place in paper towels to suck up oil. In same frying with just a tsp of oil fry sauce for about 3 min.
- Turn down heat; dip tortillas in sauce one at a time; fill with chicken or beef and fold in half; pour a little more sauce over enchiladas and top with onion, cheese and sour cream.
- You can also serve them with homemade beans.
- For beans all you need is water and 1/4 onion; cook beans as directed; add salt about 30 min before done; heat a little oil; pour beans in pan (no water) and squeeze.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This recipe was delicious. Another reviewer seemed to have problems with the tomatillo portion of the recipe. I think that is more of a problem with their own cooking skills and not with the recipe. I had no problems whatsoever with this recipe - even with the many typos. This is a very good enchilada recipe. I will make these enchiladas many more times.